Your body needs proper nutrients in order to heal itself. Eating processed foods and too few real “whole foods” creates deficiencies of these necessary building blocks. As these gaps in proper diet increase, symptoms of body dysfunction develop. The Optimal Living Institute utilizes an advanced analytical muscle testing technique to communicate with your body. This process helps determine the symptom’s cause, the support the body needs, and the best products and precise amounts your body requires to heal itself.
Nutrition Response Testing
Our analysis is done by testing the body’s neurological reflexes and acupuncture points. Each neurological reflex represents a specific organ, tissue, or function. The acupuncture points are selected from the ancient Chinese system of acupuncture. By testing these reflexes and responses, we have a system to determine exactly what deficiencies you have and what your body needs.
We monitor your body at each visit in order to identify what the body needs and how well we are meeting that need. This system has proven to be extremely accurate clinically and allows us to predict, with certainty, what is needed and wanted by the body to get you to the next stage of improved health.
Accessing the Clinical Nutrition Reflexes
The Clinical Nutrition doctor contacts specific points and reflexes with their hand. With their other hand, they test the muscle strength of your extended arm, for example. If the reflex being contacted is active, the nervous system will respond by reducing energy to the extended arm, and the arm will weaken and drop. These responses can be analyzed and can signify internal body function. Through this, the doctor is able to find underlying dysfunctions that could be adversely affecting your health.
What Exactly is Designed Clinical Nutrition?
Designed Clinical Nutrition is exactly that: designed – specially prepared based on a specific plan; clinical – pertaining to the results gotten in clinical use or actual practice on thousands of patients over many years; nutrition – real food, designed by nature to enable the body to repair itself and grow healthfully.
Designed Clinical Nutrition is whole food in a tablet, capsule or powder, concentrated in a vacuum, cold-process system that preserves all of the active enzymes and vital components that make it work as intended. These real food supplements have been designed to match the needs of your body, as determined by the results found on your individual Nutrition Response Testing analysis. Through Designed Clinical Nutrition we are able to address deficiencies and determine the underlying causes of chronic symptoms that affect your everyday life which may be due to your personal eating habits and routines and is likely also due to the lack of quality in foods commercially available in grocery stores or restaurants today.
Designed Clinical Nutrition is often misconceived as “over-the-counter” vitamins. In reality, our plans are based on whole food while most “over-the-counter” vitamins are engineered chemical fractions of vitamin structures. For example, carrots are high in Vitamin A Complex. A complex is something made of many different parts that work together. Synthetic Vitamin A does not contain the whole Vitamin A Complex found in nature. If a vitamin is not derived from whole food, it can often make you more deficient and nutritionally out-of-balance because it does not contain all of the co-factors found in nature that make the vitamin work. This typically creates additional health problems and chronic symptoms.
STEP ONE: Initial Consultation
- Complete a detailed Health Nutrition History (the more we know about your lifestyle and health the better we can serve you)
- Meet with your Clinician to discuss health history and “next steps” to begin customizing a program for you
- Blood work, urine test, and/or saliva test may be requested at this time (results from these tests may indicate areas of your body that need nutritional support)
- Your Clinician will also discuss the use of Nutrition Response Testing which compliments/validates the previous tests *Please allow about 2 hours for your initial exam
STEP TWO: Report of Findings
- Receive your specific plan that addresses your individual needs based on test results
- Layout steps to complete your program
- This is designed to be an affordable and manageable program
STEP THREE: Follow Up Appointments
- 20 Minute Appointments
- Nutrition Response Testing to determine progress and results of nutritional changes
- Possible modifications to your Nutrition Plan may be made based on your results
- Appointments will be scheduled 2 – 8 weeks apart depending on body response and healingNow you know the complete 1-2-3 package:
- What we do
- How and why we do it
- What you need to do to have the potential of restoring your health and staying healthy
It is Possible to Restore Your Health!
What could be more natural? What could be more correct? Each cell, tissue, and organ in your body is in the process of replacing itself every day, month, and year. The health of each organ is dependent on making the correct nutrients available to upgrade or to maintain the health of the body at a cellular level. Designed Clinical Nutrition provides the right basic materials. Nutrition Response Testing tells you when and what to use to bring about the desired results.
Phone: 208-930-4177 Fax: 208-930-4691
2775 N. Howard Street, Suite B Coeur d' Alene, ID 83815