WHAT IS DPC?
Serving North Idaho and East Washington, Optimal Living Direct Primary Care offers a direct pediatric primary care membership for children birth to 21 years old. At Optimal Living Institute, we provide a family centered approach, focusing on prevention and providing holistic care for our members who we serve.
About Optimal Living Institute and Pediatric Direct Primary Care (DPC)
Here at Optimal Living Institute, we believe in treating each individual holistically. The chiropractors and the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner collaborate to ensure the best care is provided for your children.
Kids leading their best lives starts in the hands of their caregivers being the best role models. This DPC’s approach is direct access to their Primary Care Practitioner, who is there to support your healthcare needs. Your nurse practitioner is family focussed, and promotes healthy lifestyles for children to become healthy adults. Focusing on the whole body and mind, as well as improving the health of children one family at a time is key to kids leading their best lives.
- We believe every child deserves access to high quality holistic care support them in their growth and development through a lifespan
- Our staff at The Optimal Living Institute strives to go above and beyond to help you accomplish your health goals and to meet your families’ individual needs
- We believe the best way to your child’s health is family centered, through collaboration, communication, and commitment to answer the “why” to why we recommend treatment options.
- We believe providing compassion, empathy, honesty, and transparency in each encounter will help build long-lasting, trusting relationships between you and your childs’ nurse practitioner.
- We believe that we were born with God-given unalienable rights, and our team will help support and defend those rights for you as parents caring for your growing children.
Why Pediatric DPC at Optimal Living
Because a DPC is based on a membership model, we are able to personalize your child’s health care needs. Our team focuses on personalized care management, knowing each family member by name and being available to you whenever you need it, whether it’s via text message, phone call, or an in-person appointment. We focus on prevention to minimize visits to a costly emergency room or urgent care. This isn’t always possible, but many emergent events with children are preventable if managed quickly. An added benefit is having 2 on site chiropractors who are trained in Functional Nutrition. Our chiropractic team is here to help you as needed with your chiropractic or functional nutrition needs at an added cost. Our goal is to focus on health, healing and prevention, helping to promote wellness for your children that will last a lifetime.
|Direct Primary Care vs Traditional Pediatric Primary Care|
|Direct Primary Care||Traditional Pediatric Primary Care|
|Direct Access to your Pediatric nurse practitioner via text/email/zoom at no charge (24/7)||Yes||Never|
|More time spent with your nurse practitioner at each visit||Yes (30 min – 1 hour)||No (avg 15 mins or less)|
|Same Day or Next Day appointments||Yes||Sometimes|
|Short Wait times in clinic||Yes||Sometimes, but you may not see your child’s primary provider as they may not be available|
|Lab and radiology discounts||Yes||No|
|Your nurse practitioner has small patient panel = more personalized care||Yes, <500 patients||No, up to 2000 + patients|
Meet your Pediatric Practitioner: Alicia Spiess, DNP, APRN, PPCNP-BC
2775 N. Howard Street, Suite B Coeur d' Alene, ID 83815
M:9-3 T:10-5 W:9-3 Th:10-5 F:9-1